Another one for christians...

Do you think you would notice the work of Satan if you saw it? Remember Satan can pose as a being of light.

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 3:57 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe all Christian believers can know the difference if they would just study and search the Scriptures. A lot of believers only know what they are taught, or what the pastor says is so. The Holy Spirit can only bring to remembrance what we've actually read or studied.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:31 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• OH YES I CAN TELL IF SOMEONE IS EVIL I CAN SEE IT IN THERE EYES AND FEEL IT THAT IS A GIFT THAT GOD GIVES US BUT I'M NOT SCARED OF IT B/C GOD WILL PROTECT ME FROM HARM !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Discernment is a gift from God. However, it can be stifled. We need to learn how to use discernment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Oh yes i can tell the difference. God shows you in your spirit when you have the Holy spirit the spirit will show you a lot of things that you would not know on your own.. You are so right satan even comes as an angel of light that is why a lot of people are deceived because he makes all these other religions look good and everything that you do that is wrong Satan makes it look good so that you will keep doing it and take your eyes of the Lord. When the antichrist comes he will come as an angel of light and many many people will be deceived because they don't have the spirit and they are looking for something they can see in person and not by faith... Great question .. God bless

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:19 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• God and satan are one in the same. Neither truly exist; except in the minds of some.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yes, I do believe that I would notice it. I pray alot for guidance and have a much easier time now not being pursuaded by others. I pray about my decisions and read the Bible when in doubt. Also, I seem to have a deeper sense when it comes to trusting others, I can make my decisions much easier now than in the past, with no guilt when I have to say no. I also to not mind disagreeing with others when I use to in the past. I stand by my faith and beliefs regardless of what is being said around me.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 9:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• A Christian who is walking in the power of the Holy Spirit will know the difference because he/she will have discernment. There's a verse of Scripture that says that even the very "elect" of God might be deceived. That can happen when we wander away from our Lord and become complacent or prideful, thinking we have it all figured out. It is up to the individual to maintain a relationship with Holy God such that we are in a place where we may not be deceived. It is very true that Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light. That's why we have to be so careful to keep our sins confessed, our lives pure, and our fellowship with God rich.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:03 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think most Christians are following 'satan' right now.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 10:07 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think I try to apply the standards the Bible gives me to use. If something doesn't fit, I choose to be safe. Even if that person seemed to be a bright shining light. I think our current pres. is more and more beginning to fit that description.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Even though I am a Christian, I don't believe Satan is a literal being. I believe he stands as a symbol for our own human nature and the "natural" things we must overcome, such as our libidos or our pride, and so forth.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 15, 2009