What was your nesting like?

How did you "nest" ?

Tonight I randomly decided I needed to dust all my shelves, and everything. Re-organize things, I just keep finding little things to do until it feels perfect. I also cleaned my bathroom, the sinks, mirrors, and I organized my medicine cabinets. My mom tried to help me clean my room when I started, but she had just said she was going to bed so I like freaked out because I wanted to clean all of it on my own. I feel so rude! haha

CamiiiCompasion

Asked by CamiiiCompasion at 4:09 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was very lazy lol but the night before my water broke i was in the kitchen cooking up a storm while it was 100+ outside i also made home made bread i had so much energy that night lol i was also 4 days over due !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I moved to another state at 36 weeks and it was trying to get her room all set up and making sure everything was washed for her. We didn't have our stuff and everything we had was a radio, food, a crib with an attached dresser and all the baby clothes I could fit into a duffel bag that I could bring onto the plane. So basically i just made sure everything was washed and cleaned everything
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:36 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I hope I can relate to you anonymous...
    I'm now 3 days past my due date, and I haven't wanted to clean at all, until tonight I started to organize a little and ended up cleaning everything. lol
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 4:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I was bent over in labor waiting for my husband to come home and get me to the hospital and I called the landlord to say i'd pay the rent late, b/c I was in labor and hubby wasn't on my bank account, I wanted to go buy bandaids so my kids would have some if need be, I cleaned my desk off at work when he ran me there for some reason...wierd...I think just organizing the baby stuff...my first kid, the army moved my furniture to my house the day before I went into labor and I moved furniture all night...this last baby, who's 7now, I just remember walking around the house and getting my stuff ready, like make up on, pick my own outfits out and pack which I forgot the first three kids so my hubby gave me a sweater to wear home in 80 degree weather.
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 5:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• When I started nesting. I was about a couple of weeks before my due date and I would wash anything that could be washed with soapy water. I loved soapy water. I loved how it felt and I loved washing things in it. There were never any dirty dishes. But it gets really bad about two or three days before I go into labor. I'll clean EVERYTHING. I even cleaned my hubby's papaw's house when I stayed there for a few days before I went into labor. Nesting is weird.
    Princess02266

Answer by Princess02266 at 5:56 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I HAVE to make sure that every single thing in my house is picked up nightly now, and I have to have all the floors at least swept and vacuumed, all of the counters and mirrors have to be clean, I even clean the toilet every night. I did the same thing last time I was pregnant, but I knew I was really nesting the day I went into labor. About 3 hours before my water broke I had to move the oven and clean behind it. It just HAD to be done!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:27 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I do it a little at a time. weird things too, like I washed my walls last week and the other day I washed my front and back doors inside and out. When I was prego with mydaughter I HAD to weed whack the side yard that we never use. who knows what I'll come up with next.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 7:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i wasnt that interested in cleaning the rest of the house. We built on a new master bedroom and a nursery onto our house when I was about 6 month pregnant. I kept the nursery closed except to put stuff in their I bought. So, when I was about 3 weeks from my due date I finally got the urge to open up the room and I got it organized in one night. Then I redid it every night for the next 2 weeks. The last week I was all about list making. I made lists of everything I had to do the next day(I mean everything). Then I reorganized the nursery a few more times. lol....I was obsessed with that room. The night I went into labor, though, all I wanted to do was eat. And eat weird stuff(tomato soup, tuna...GROSS!). Then after my water broke, I showered and packed the rest of my bag and I wanted to go to the store adn buy some stuff. lol
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 9:14 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i totally feel less weird now. ive never gone through with cleaning my bathroom.. and this morning when i woke up first thing i thought about was what i want to clean today.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 10:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2009