Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can the other parent make changes to the parenting plan without going to court?

He told me 2 hours before the time I'm suppose to bring the kids back, that I'm keeping them for the whole summer.

Answer Question

Asked by lil-mama-vegas at 4:26 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

Level 4 (34 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • I dont believe he can change it but you can agree on more time or less time with out going to court.

    Answer by LoveMyBunch at 4:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • I would love to give you the right answer cause I am going through this same thing. The lawyer told me that you or him can change the parenting plan if it isn't to the courts yet and if you had disagreements on things. My ex and I agreed on everything with the divorce so it's kinda easy but he can change things since I am not there. I would call your lawyer or a courthouse to find out. Good luck!

    Answer by Michele068 at 4:46 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • i have custody and he has visitation. he does not have to take his visitation as planned. but if he wants the kids after two months of not seeing them, I was told I have to let him have them that coming weekend. Nice, huh? but we let him have them when he doesn't give us written notice when he wants them for the half of the summer he's allowed..and he's suppose to give written notice 1 mo. in advance. he hasn't seen them in a year so I'm not worried. I'm glad to keep them.

    Answer by Momchipomkids at 5:20 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • You should be doing a happy dance. You have your kids for the entire summer.

    Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:13 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • ya he can so can you . id be happy why complain ?

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • ya What's the issue you have your children for the summer. I would be jumping for joy right now. Are you worried that you may get in trouble it's completly fine that you keep your children for the summer.You and there father is in agreement that you keep your children for the summer so enjoy your summer and oh the only other thing you may want to find out about is if you do pay child support you may have to put that to a stop and he should be paying you child support that what happens with my SO and his EX she has to pay him child support cause we have his kids all summer long.

    Answer by raemommy at 6:49 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • I don't see the issue... so I'm not sure why you wanna know. I'd be happy and see if I could change it to have the kids fully time.


    Answer by Navymama at 8:27 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.