any one know of a toothpaste that isnt bubble gum flavored???

My sons dentist says he's too young (3) for regular toothpaste, but he cries when I brush his teeth with the bubblegum or bubble fruit... He hates the taste and will throw up... He loves brushing his teeth though... he just hates that flavor (medicine too) any suggestions on brands that arnt bubblegum???

edenmoseley

Asked by edenmoseley at 4:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Even if you use just water, it's better than none at all. My daughter's 3 (almost 4yrs) and we use Dora toothpaste. It does have a little flouride in it, but they're old enough to spit it out just like us. Sometimes she loves it and sometimes she says she wants the baby stuff again. As long as their trying, he'll be fine.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 5:18 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• the best I know and that is safe for kids is Forever Toothgel it tastes good and all natural. You can get it by registering urself with Forever Living Products. pls check the link below and let me know if you need any further clarification.

www.foreverliving.com
    rummaan

Answer by rummaan at 5:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I have been told it is ok for them to have normal toothpaste as long as they spit it out..my daughter is 2..loves toothpaste for some reason and always wants to swallow it..but she doesn't mind the kids stuff that is flavored..good luck finding something that works
    AProudUSMCWife

Answer by AProudUSMCWife at 8:20 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If your little one knows how to spit, he's old enough for Crest Toothpaste for Kids - for ages 2 years on up! I don't understand why your sons dentist said he's to young for it! My Daughters Dentist that they been seeing since age 12 months said once they turn 2 years old and knows how to spit, they can use the Crest Toothpaste for Kids and it has Flouride! Just use a very small amount. The tube said the size of a small pea, you may want to start with smaller then that just to get him use to the flavor and to learn to spit if he doe'snt know how to give him practice. When he gets better at spitting, then you can use the small pea size!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• We don't use any fluoridated toothpaste - we use Weleda and my daughter loves it (she actually doesn't want to spit it out even though she's going through a spitting phase, lol!). She also drinks a lot of water so it flushes out her mouth everytime she drinks. And just giving him a toothbrush to use himself, even with no toothpaste on it, would be good, because it's really the scrubbing of the brush that gets plaque and stuff off the teeth.
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 10:31 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Crest Kids!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 4:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• We have Crest Kids and it's watermelon flavor- my girls love it!
    chloesmomrocks

Answer by chloesmomrocks at 7:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2009