Help! I'm having a boy and we are thinking of names. My bf hates every name!!

Ok, I actually had a top 30 picked out and he only liked 1 and it is kind of horrible it was number 30 :( how do I have him agree on something. I even told him we can came the baby after his father(rafael) and still he doesn't like it. I think I'm going to have a nameless child. He doesn't even seem so interested. Is there anyway to ease him into picking at least a top 10? I'm trying to be equal with him but he's becoming a pain.

BkMommy2be

Asked by BkMommy2be at 5:44 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i dont think that just because he isnt super all about picking a name means he isn't ready to be a father. some guys just feel like the name is the womans job. Remember, babies are on our minds 100% of the time when we are pregnant, guys aren't like that till the baby gets here. Don't think he isnt ready just because of that.
    My Dh was the same way. I made a list of about 75 names in no particular order. Dh marked out every single one but two. We threw those two around and finally decided on one a few weeks before he was born.
    My advice, don't take it too personally. Just keep researching names and casually mention them to him and see which ones he reacts to. Your baby will have a name.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 9:08 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• pick the name that you like out and that's your childs name if your SO wants to be a pain about it then it's up to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'm sorry, but your boyfriend doesn't seem all that interested in becoming a dad and having to support this child for at least the next 18 years. This should be a joyous occasion, but since it doesn't appear to be that way, then you should name the child yourself--whatever that may be--pick names out of a hat if need be, and be done with it! If your boyfriend sticks around, and someday marries you, great, but if not...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Sonetimes having a baby isn'tr real to men. They really don't get it until the child is able to interact with them. Ask him for his picks and see if you can live with one of those.

Answer by Bmat at 6:53 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My SO was the same way. He shot down every name I picked out. then when our son was born and he looked into his tiny eyes he chose the name he knew I loved. So my advice....bring your list to the hospital and wait to welcome your son into the world. Maybe he just needs to feel the baby name.
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 7:26 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Lol im 33 weeks with boy number two! And we still don't have a name picked out. I also think he is gonna be nameless. Can we say ugh MEN lol.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 7:46 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• ask him to think of some on his own and you can see if you like any of them. If he's still being a pain, pick the name you like best and tell him that if he doesn't like it then he needs to give you some options that you bath can agree on. don't worry about him too much, it may not seem real to him yet or he may not really care about what you name him. your baby can't be nameless forever. good luck
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 7:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My husband is the same way but i came u with a modivation for him. i told him that i didnt want my childs name to be something that someone alredy had and he coul dbe creative that got him thinking. He was never interested when i asked him that question of "What do you want your childs name to be?" but he came around and decided to help me out becuase i told him also that if he didnt name his kid i would and then he would not like it. he relized its a 2 part thing it takes 2 to make it so 2 should finsh you know my opionon no affence if any was taken but good luck and congrats on the boy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i didnt get to name my first son, he was made a junior....hate it, but he does look just like his dad so it is okay now...this pregnancy i am naming this baby it is a toss up between johnovan orien or jeremiah octavian...i cant decide....ughhh....but the way i look at it is if he isnt interested do it your self
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:00 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Can you list the names you like and the one that he liked? That may give us a feel for what you two both may like and we could offer suggestions.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:01 AM on Jun. 15, 2009