I'm looking into taking a home course through US Career Institute for a Medical Biller. Does anyone have any info on this school, or any idea what the demand is for Medical Billers, salary, etc?

danalee11

Asked by danalee11 at 7:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• Just so you do realize, this is an in house profession, you will never find at home work in this field. I am just telling you that, so you don't think otherwise. I have never ever seen one person who is allowed to do this from home. I just don't want you caught up in the "work at home" crap. I know that bigger doctor's offices and hospitals employ medical billers. It would depend on your area to find out the pay rate. If I were you, I would pull up some hospital websites and check the job openings. See if you can find something for this type of position. You might even be able to find out the education requirements of the job. It's not a position which they are desperate to fill, I know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• For profit schools exist, by law, to make money for their owners, not to educate. Your money would be better spent at a community college.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• This program through US Career institute in not only in house! You can work in hospitals and dr.'s offices as a medical billing specialist. It is a a pretty good paying career....There might be group on here if you check.
    Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 12:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I took med transcriptionist and am now taking pharmacy tch course through them. Nice, good school. I trust them , and would definetly recommend them.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 12:44 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Good demmand but would not reccommend that school. Almost no employers acknowledge them.

Career Step is contracted with US Dept of Labor and Dept of Defense to provide training for military Spouse. I would trust them and I still do!

visit them here

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2009