why do pre natals make people sick?

i never understood this. I've been taking special ones that arent suppose to make you sick; they are for sensitive tummies, but they still make me sick I do not get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't know the reason but talk to your OB and see if you can take Flintstone vitamins.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:01 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• They're strong vitamins... do you eat a full meal before taking it? That's what I did because I screwed up and took one without eating and holy hell, it really was horrid.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 8:07 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• yeah gremlyn i agree.. i only took my prenatal vitamins one time without a full stomach and it was terrible!! never making that mistake again.

just make sure you have some food in your stomach and i used to take mine later in the day.. like 7ish.. that way if i did start to feel crummy i could just lay down for the night.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 8:41 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Ive never gotten sick on my prenatals. I did take it right before eating.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It's usually the iron content, which is also why many pregnant women become constipated.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 10:31 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i would say just make sure you take them right before or right after you eat dinner.... when i took mine in the morning i was sick all day when i took them at night i was fine... lol idk why
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 10:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• A nurse at my old job had this problem. Her doctor told her to take a chewable instead. Ask your doctor about this!
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 11:46 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'm not sure why either but I always take mine at night so if i get sick i'm sleeping..LOL
    zzicc

Answer by zzicc at 1:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It's the iron in them!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i hated my pr nat...even flint stones made me sick....on the days i took them i was sick, on the day ididnt i wasnt sick,i gave up after 2 months of being sick
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 5:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2009