What is a good shoe to stand in all day?

I am looking for some shoes for my husband for fathers day. His feet hurt him really bad. He always buys shoes from wal-mart. I want to get him a good pair that will help his feet. He is on is feet for 8 + hours, sometime standing in the same spot. I need a solid black pair of tennis shoes or work shoes. He does prefer tennis shoes. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Health

• You need to go to a place that sells work shoes.   Tarantula make excellent nonslip and very comfortable work shoes.  They are expensive but well worth the money.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:48 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• New Balance. They go in numbered series like 400's 500's 600's. All the way up in the 1000's. You don't want to buy anything lower than a 600. 608 is a really good shoe. But the higher you go the better the shoe! I work in a nursing home so I'm on my feet all day and I have 744's and my feet don't hurt me one bit! Nor does my back. :) Sears sells New balance.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I bought several pairs of Nike Airliners. I worked full time as an x-ray tech and was on my feet ALL day, as soon as I wore a pair out, I'd get another. New Balance is ok but they didn't seem to last very long compared to the Nike Airliners.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 9:07 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I've been wearing my new balance for a year, and they still have a ton of life left army wife. And shoes are supposed to be replaced every 6 months. So yeah, they do last.

BTW whatever you do don't buy Reebok.. they are very cheaply made and are imo just as bad as buying walmart tennis shoes.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I love my nikes. Im on my feet all day sometimes 10-12 hours a day and my nikes are 2 1/2 years old and they don't have a hole or tear in them i also put them in the washer once a month and let them air dry i love them. Stay away from reeboks they are very uncomfortable and made very cheap.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:26 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• look up zcoils online. I heard they ahve helped with back problems. have great reviews. they look strange, but you cen buy something where it looks like a boot because the spring is covered. Just something to look into, I know people who work in a factory and stand on concrete all day that wear them and swear by them.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I buy all my DH shoes at Famous Footwear, they are little more expensive then Kohls but they have a bigger selection, plus my DH also has to wear comfy shoes . I get him DR Sholls, they're comfy and they don't stink..I think i pay 69.00 for a pair, they come in black or brown.
    scrapn2do

Answer by scrapn2do at 9:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Nike or New Balance.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I found a good deal at Wal-Mart, thay are called Tread safe slip resistant shoes, they are made for people who are on their feet all day AND they are slip resistant. I work 10- 12 hours on my feet as a cook and my legs and feet could not handle regular shoes and I found these for $25 and have never went back to those expensive shoes.
    VonsTwins

Answer by VonsTwins at 10:22 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I just bought a pair of New Balances, Because my grandmothers doctor told her those would be the most comfortable for her (she is 70, with problems with her feet cuz of diabeties and a stroke) And they are the most comfotable pair of shoes I ever wore... they are so light weight too! Perfect for your husband I'm sure!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 10:34 AM on Jun. 15, 2009