What is a good shoe to stand in all day?

I am looking for some shoes for my husband for fathers day. His feet hurt him really bad. He always buys shoes from wal-mart. I want to get him a good pair that will help his feet. He is on is feet for 8 + hours, sometime standing in the same spot. I need a solid black pair of tennis shoes or work shoes. He does prefer tennis shoes. Thanks!

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Health

• You need to go to a place that sells work shoes.   Tarantula make excellent nonslip and very comfortable work shoes.  They are expensive but well worth the money.

Answer by beeky at 8:48 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• New Balance. They go in numbered series like 400's 500's 600's. All the way up in the 1000's. You don't want to buy anything lower than a 600. 608 is a really good shoe. But the higher you go the better the shoe! I work in a nursing home so I'm on my feet all day and I have 744's and my feet don't hurt me one bit! Nor does my back. :) Sears sells New balance.

Answer by amy31308 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I bought several pairs of Nike Airliners. I worked full time as an x-ray tech and was on my feet ALL day, as soon as I wore a pair out, I'd get another. New Balance is ok but they didn't seem to last very long compared to the Nike Airliners.

Answer by army_wife2000 at 9:07 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I've been wearing my new balance for a year, and they still have a ton of life left army wife. And shoes are supposed to be replaced every 6 months. So yeah, they do last.

BTW whatever you do don't buy Reebok.. they are very cheaply made and are imo just as bad as buying walmart tennis shoes.

Answer by amy31308 at 9:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I love my nikes. Im on my feet all day sometimes 10-12 hours a day and my nikes are 2 1/2 years old and they don't have a hole or tear in them i also put them in the washer once a month and let them air dry i love them. Stay away from reeboks they are very uncomfortable and made very cheap.

Answer by raemommy at 9:26 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• look up zcoils online. I heard they ahve helped with back problems. have great reviews. they look strange, but you cen buy something where it looks like a boot because the spring is covered. Just something to look into, I know people who work in a factory and stand on concrete all day that wear them and swear by them.

Answer by ria7 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I buy all my DH shoes at Famous Footwear, they are little more expensive then Kohls but they have a bigger selection, plus my DH also has to wear comfy shoes . I get him DR Sholls, they're comfy and they don't stink..I think i pay 69.00 for a pair, they come in black or brown.

Answer by scrapn2do at 9:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Nike or New Balance.

Answer by BaisMom at 10:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I found a good deal at Wal-Mart, thay are called Tread safe slip resistant shoes, they are made for people who are on their feet all day AND they are slip resistant. I work 10- 12 hours on my feet as a cook and my legs and feet could not handle regular shoes and I found these for $25 and have never went back to those expensive shoes.

Answer by VonsTwins at 10:22 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I just bought a pair of New Balances, Because my grandmothers doctor told her those would be the most comfortable for her (she is 70, with problems with her feet cuz of diabeties and a stroke) And they are the most comfotable pair of shoes I ever wore... they are so light weight too! Perfect for your husband I'm sure!

Answer by marchma2b at 10:34 AM on Jun. 15, 2009