POTTY TRAINING HELP!!!

I recently started potty training my 2 year old daughter in the begining it was going ok but lately she refuses to use the potty.She'll sit on potty and she'll even tell me when she needs to go but refuses the potty she'll bring me a diaper as I've been letting her walk around butt naked.Any ideas how I can make her feel more confidinte and start using the potty?

greenmaniac

Asked by greenmaniac at 8:53 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow this is hard. The naked thing worked for my 2 year old son. (Although we're still not there all the way). Have you tried rewards for going potty? Like a sticker chart, or just a sticker for her hand, or a piece of candy, or a small toy... I can't tell you what will work, as I'm going through potty training myself. Maybe since she's a girl, you two could go potty together. Her on her potty and you on yours. Tell her she's a big girl now and that only babies where diapers. Give her a really big incentive for when she's totally potty trained. And remind her constantly about it. Maybe go see Dora or Spongebob, or even a new baby doll... I hope this will help a little bit atleast.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 8:58 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I gave a piece of candy and a sticker for each potty when my dd was doing that...oh and when she brought me a diaper I told he NO that is for babies you are a big girl you go on the potty now. So everytime your dd brings a diaper just put her on the potty and when she finally goes make a big deal about it and it'll happen.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 9:18 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I have heard that regression is something that often happens with potty training. Maybe just put panties on her and 'retrain' her. Also, have her help you throw away all her diapers(if she still wears them at night..maybe switch to pull ups for night) and tell her she is a big girl now...when my cousin potty trained her daughter at 20 months they threw her diapers away and said they were yucky and she didn't need them..not the most conventional way but it did the job. Good luck!
    BrodyKyle

Answer by BrodyKyle at 5:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2009