• In the Spotlight:

what are some easy and cheap things to do for a babyshower?

i have the date, time, and place set up.... but thats about it. it's my first baby shower. and no one wants to help me plan it.

LukesMommii06

Asked by LukesMommii06 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How unfortunate, I hate that no one will help. Make your own cake and decorate it w/ real teething rings and pacifiers. I made a snow baby cake w/ white cake and icing. I filled two round cake pans, baked them then put them side by side,then decorated it like a baby. It will work for any season, I used skittles for the eyes and nose and I put the pacifier where the mouth would be.

You can also have like nuts and mints. Punch is cheap too.

Games are fun but I can not really remember them right now. I think you can have everyone sit in a circle and everybody goes areound the room and names what you need for the nursery, it is interresting what people come up with.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:21 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Baby Bingo is a fun game to play. When we had my baby shower I made the Bingo cards myself. Just make them up yourself with the lines and Bingo across the top and the free space, leave the rest of the spaces blank. Then make up a jar with small sheets of paper saying what you need for the baby. When you get ready to play Bingo give each guest a "card" and a pencil and have them fill in the blank spaces with things you need for a baby. Give them about 5-10 minutes to fill in their cards. Use your jar to call out the items and as people get them on their bingo card they mark them off just like normal bingo. Its a really fun game. For more game ideas just google "Baby shower games"
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 10:59 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• some games that are cheap-
    get a roll of toliet paper everyone has to guess how many squares it will take to go around the moms belly

give everyone a diaper pin when they get there they cant say the word baby if someone catches them saying it they take thier pins the one who has the most at the end of the shower wins

scramble the names of some baby items give everyone a paper and the first one to unscramble them all wins

get some diapers and different kinds of candy bars. You melt a candy bar in each diaper and then pass them around. Everyone has to write down what candy they think is in each diaper and see who gets the most right.

If you have a dollar tree or something similar near you they usaully have cute decorations.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Another game idea is to get a roll of string or something and have everyone cut the string as big as they think Mommy's belly is. Then have them all check to see if they guessed right. The person that is the closest, wins. Or else if you go to Party America they actually have "tape" for this game.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 11:01 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My sister-in-law had a scrapbooking party and everyone made a page for the future scrap book....ie. first trip to zoo, first tooth, you get the idea. Then when those special moments happen all you do is input the pictures!
    TriciaBailey

Answer by TriciaBailey at 5:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• when you send out your invitations include a note that says "bring a package of diapers for a chance to win a prize". then you buy a little gift for the prize like a coffee mug from the 99 cent store and a $5 starbucks card. i did this for both of my baby showers (family & work) and i ended up with diapers that lasted for over 8 months!
    dawnabbe

Answer by dawnabbe at 12:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2009