What is wrong with most of you mothers?

Thank you to the three women who actually responded to my "3 month old coughing" question, and to all you mothers who actually use this website for good. But tell my why is there like 30 responses to a political question or to other argumentitive topics, but when someone has an actually problem like needing advice about what to do about their little baby being sick.... there are three responses???? What, If I posted an opportunity for you women to be Catty, you'd be more interested? Again, thank you for those mothers who care.

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 10:19 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Wow I read a very rude anon answer, Hon, get some midol and stop looking for reasons why to be pissed of. The OP has any right to post as you do, if you disagree with what she said, that's fine but tone it down. Are you really that miserable that you feel the need to unleash like that? Darn girl, put the keyboard down and go and get your meds you sound so unstable.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I am sorry, I didn't see your question, but if I could have helped I would have tried. I try to answer what questions I can. But I do know exactly what you mean. More people respond to the questions about "hotbutton" issues.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:26 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I have noticed that, I asked a question about if people set specific goals for their family or personally(fitness, financial, academic). Not very many settng goals and working to achieve something...but amazing the questions people are interested in.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I try to avoid the "hotbutton" issues like the plague. I would rather answer the ones that actually help someone or the just the fun ones.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Many times the questions about illnesses are better directed to the doctor or another health professional who can actually put their hands on a child. I don't answer questions that involve illness or health care for that reason.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• When I click on Answers the most popular questions come up first so I never saw your question. If I did though, I would have told you to go see a doctor. Kind of a no-brainer.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 11:18 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I agree with the doctor idea. That's what I do when any one of my boys has a cough. So I can see why people ignored your question.No offense but it was a bit of a no brainer..
    honeychick772

Answer by honeychick772 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I tend to not answer many of the "health" issue related questions because those are best answered by professionals. Knowing my luck, I'd give some advice that would be the EXACT opposit of what the Dr would say. How guilty would I feel if someone took my non professional advice and it somehow harmed their children....YIKES
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:38 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Because not everyone has an answer - everyone has an opinion.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 11:52 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I agree with MandyOs. Everyone has an opinion.

I only answer the health issues if i have any advice. If i dont, i move on. Health questions are a tricky one too, because no one wants to give a bad answer that could lead to something bad happening.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009