Worried... is this normal for a 10 wk old?

She still can't roll over!!! I don't know what's going on, it this normal to not be able to do this at this point? she's chubby and can only flip around, like if I lay her on her side, she will flip down but that's it....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son didn't roll over til the day he turned 5 months old. Its normal for them to roll later in age.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• No most kids don't roll over that young.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:28 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• 10 weeks they don't do too much of anything, if I recall....that's still very young....My DD didn't roll over all the way til almost 5 months but everyone is different...I wouldn't base it on anyone elses baby. Some might do it young others not so much...just enjoy your baby and it will come eventually. I kept saying, "when is she ever going to crawl?!" Finally she did at 9 months and now I can't keep up with her! =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It is usually around the 3-4 month mark that they start rolling over. So closer to 12-16 weeks is actually the earlier average. 5 to 6 months is also pretty common too. Just like with sitting up. Anywhere from 4-7 months pretty common. Crawling has a big range too. No children are the same. Even with that being said, if she did start rolling now, she would be quite early compared to most babies.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Thanks everyone!!! I guess I posted anopne b/c i thought everyone's baby was doing it by now... silly.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• my dtr is 10 weeks old too, no sign of rolling over yet either...still pretty young...my dd was born april 5, what about yours/ ;)
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 11:19 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• MY DD just started rolling all around at nearly 15 wks. At 10, she could only roll from her stomach to her side. Make sure you're giving her that tummy time each day, but 10 wks is real young to be rolling.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• my son is a bit over 16 weeks now and he just started rolling over about 3 weeks ago and now he is a wiggle worm LOL, he hasn't rolled back to his back side yet but he is really trying, he does pick up his rum and tries to move forward but hasn't quite gotten the front end going yet LOL....I do believe he will be crawling earlier than my others, and to be honest with you all of my other children (8 others) didn't start rolling over till they were closer to the 5 month mark so I say it's pretty normal.....Peace and blessings
    a_ramli05

Answer by a_ramli05 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2009