Would you shut your friend out if she had an affair on her husband?

So a lot of us watch Army Wives. The last eposide last night showed friends shutting out one of their own for cheating on her husband. How would you handle that situation. Keep in mind that her husband didn't beat, verbally abuse, or ignore her. Would you stand by her side, space yourself from her, or end the friendship completely?

Harmony0501

Asked by Harmony0501 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• It depends on the circumstances.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:28 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't shut my friend out. I feel so bad for Denise. I know what she did was wrong, but her friends should still be there for her. I'd probably tell my friend what she did was wrong and make her realize that, but I'd still be her friend.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:28 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i know! i feel so bad for her too!!!
    Harmony0501

Answer by Harmony0501 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I don't watch the show, but I think I would keep the friendship...but let her know that I do not agree with her behavior. If she saw no problem with it, I would try and stay away from that subject. It would probably CHANGE our friendship...because if she had an affair for just no reason or just because she is horny (i.e. not in a bad marriage) I would more than likely lose respect for her. I may not trust her judgement as much unless she realized it was dumb, apologized to the hubs, and tried to make things right. Otherwise, our friendship would probably be rather superficial in nature until she did so.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Well first I think you guys are TOO into Army wives... they are NOT real people so no need to feel bad for Denise. I have been through this in real life though. We were good friends with another Navy couple and while he was out to sea she cheated. They divorced and this past Sat. she married the "other man". I stood by her, she knew how I felt about the situation and that it took me a while to get over the infidelity but they both moved on from it so I needed to as well.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 11:27 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If you are not the cheating kind then you have nothing to worry about so if you want her as a friend that is up to you and if she wants to cheat that is her problem. It should not affect your friendship.
    Two different woman who think different.

So it is up to the person if they want that sort of a friend..
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i actualy did that. at first i ignored the fact this girl kept cheatin on her fiance, who is the sweetest guy and loves her more than life, but she called my husband asking about different guys and such. that was it for me.
    Anonymous

• I would and I did distance myself from a friend whose whole family my whole family was friends with. She had a fling with the cable guy,(I'm not kidding), and thought it was a cool funny secret we would share. I liked and respected her husband and could no longer look him in the eye, as well as suddenly realizing I hadn't known her as well as I thought I did. We quickly drifted apart and I have never regreted it. But every situation is differant, that is only my one opinion.
    theGolux

Answer by theGolux at 12:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would drop her like a hot potato. Staying around someone like that is toxic for your own marriage.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would stay friends with her. Her marriage don't have anything to do with my friendship with her. And if she is doing that, there must be a reason! Friends are usually around longer than men anyway!!!!!!
    Anonymous