Any MeatLoaf fans? I don't mean the food, the artist..

Okay, the song "I would do anything for love" I know there's been controversy, but what do YOU think the song is about, aside from what you've read or anything in the media that was publicized? Moreso, what "won't he do"? He m names off things throughout the song, but overall there's a metaphor or just a plain message.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• "I would do anything for love, but I won't do that" I think 'that" is love. He would do anything for love, but not love/fall in love/be in love with her.
    sdms

Answer by sdms at 10:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I like that song but not real sure on the message. My favorite song by him is "Paradise by the Dashboard Light". I love, love, love that song it is in my top 5 of all time favorite songs.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yeah, I really don't know either. I was pretty young when I first heard that song, and I asked my dad what it meant, but he told me I would figure it out when I got older. I never did. I love Paradise by the Dashboard Light too!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• The controversy over the song was a PR stunt to generate interest and boost sales. It is a song, and a darn good one at that.

singing

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I don't know what it means either. I like "Two out of 3 ain't bad".

LOL my nephiew likes "I want my money back".
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 11:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I dunno what it means either. I actually did not know there was a controversy over it anywho. Guess it's my age...I was probably in Elementary school when that song first came out. But my husband loves him! I like his songs for the first couple of minutes...but they just keep going on and on and on and on....and on.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• In all honestly, I think the only songs i've heard by Meatloaf are "Paradise by the Dashboard light", "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad", "I would do anything for love", and "You took the words right out of my mouth". I love those four songs.

"Paradise By the Dashboard light" was my mom and bio dad's song. LOL. Apparently, the guys and girls in the bar would sing the parts they were suppose to. I think that'd be a great sight to go back in time and watch. haha
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think it is about annoying the shit out of me! I hate that song.
    Anonymous