Am i really over weight for where i am in my pregnency?

Ok im 27 weeks prego. ive been having a few issues w/ my blood pressue & i have a high protein count, so my reg doctor sent me to a kidney doctor, but my kidneys r fine. BUT this kidney doctors telling me im overweight for where i am in my pregnency, ive gained almost 35 pound, im trying to watch what i eat & my liquid intake but am i really overweight for where im at?

kristy_shawn03

Asked by kristy_shawn03 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think so they say you should only gain about 35 pounds preggo, but I gained alot up until around 30 weeks and then I leveled off and didn't gain much more the rest of my pregnancy... I just recommend to everyone pregnant... exercise light, walk everyday if you can and do squats to stay in shape and help you with your labor! Cangrats and good luck!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 10:38 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• it really depends on how you were before pregnancy... i knew a really tiny girl i would say about 100 pounds who gained 60 pounds her whole pregnancy.... and some bigger people who only gain 20 pounds.... it all goes with your body type
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 10:38 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My doctor told me to make sure I only gain 1lb per week so a total of 4 lbs a month or so. That's in order to maintain a healthy weight. He said not to worry the baby will not starve and to make sure I don' t eat for two just a balanced diet. If you are having problems with your BP you should stay away from high sodium foods especially pop if you drink it. I'm trying to work on my sugar intake since Diabetes runs in my family and after I had my daughter I was told I was borderline Diabetic. Work on preventing future problems. Good luck!
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 10:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i weigheed 100 lbs before i got pregnant and gained 50 lbs. the doctor was on me but i couldn't help it.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I don't know I gained 60 pounds with my pregnancy....Most of it I lost while in the hospital (I think it was all water weight to be honest) I ate nothing but healthy %98 of the time...I guess some of us just gain no matter what they do. I ate healthy and excerciesed I hate to see what I woulda gained if I would have eaten like I did pre pregnancy lol
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 10:48 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• That sounds like me and right before labor I was at 50 and am now definitely regretting it! Be careful and make sure to walk. It's REALLY good for you and baby.
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:52 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If you are having issues with your BP and you are having protein in your urine, those are signs of Pre-eclampsia. Pre-eclampsia causes rapid weight gain. If your doctor is bringing weight is up, that is why. You have 3 signs of at least developing Pre-eclampsia. I had P.E. with my first and gained 60 pounds.
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 2:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2009