Contractions?

I went into the hopsital yesterday and they had messured that I had contractions. they also messured with a swab thing that I wasn't supposed to have my child for the next 2 weeks. urin came back all fine but I am still having frequent contracions eventhough I have alreayd dranken a lot and been laying still. I dont know if I should go back to the hospital or just wait it out. btw I am only 29 weeks along

AlexesmommySam

Asked by AlexesmommySam at 10:44 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you've already been to the hospital, then I would suggest calling your doctor and see what s/he says. Contractions that don't do anything as far as progressing the birth aren't really anything to worry about unless they get stronger and/or even more frequent; uncomfortable, yes, but probably ok. The test it sounds like they did measures a hormone in your system that only appears in large amounts in the two weeks before you give birth, so they do that (before the last month) to test your likelihood of having a premature baby; since yours was negative, you're probably not going to have that baby in the next couple of weeks, so call your doctor and just try to rest.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• they didnt pu t you on any home meds? did they give u a shot to stop them? ive bee having the same problem since 16 weks and have been giving shot to stop the contractions and have been on meds at home for weeks which have lost thier ability. i would defiately go back to the hospital and tell them they need to do something more...best luck sweetie!!!im 29 weeks too..
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• no didnt get any mends or any shots! going to go back to the hospital cause I might only have 4-5 contractions in an hour but when I got up to eat something and moved around a little but I had 3 min 15 min. so hopefully good luck to me that they can make this stop!
    AlexesmommySam

Answer by AlexesmommySam at 12:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If ti were me I would stay of f my feet as much as posssible because it doesn't sound good for asomeone who is onl 29 weeks along.
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 5:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2009