cant crawl yet...

my 8 month old son wont crawl he moves from sitting to being on his stomach but once he's there he cries to be picked back up.. he hates being on his stomach and doesnt seem to try very hard to start moving.. is this normal for his age?? i know all babies are different but i just thought by now he'd be some sort of mobile.... and is there anything i can do to encourage him to crawl cuz he'll spring forward to get things but like i said he cries once he's on his belly...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My granddaughter didn't crawl, she got along fine by rolling and scooting. Perhaps keep putting things that he wants out of his reach so he has to move himself, and don't respond to his crying to be picked up just because he is on his tummy. You can also ask his doctor, just to set your mind at rest.

Answer by Bmat at 10:50 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• just put him in the floor more. my little boy was used to being held so he didnt like it either at first , but i just layed him in the floor so he could learn how to. it took him a little while to walk too. try to get down in the floor and teach him how to , and crawl with him.
    wildcatsgurl06

Answer by wildcatsgurl06 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My son did the same exact thing... and just started crawling at 9 1/2 months... so dont worry... i did nothing my son just did it when he was ready...
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 10:55 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My son didn't start crawling until 11 months, and wasn't even rolling around a lot until about 8 months. At his 9 month check-up, the pedi said what they look for at that age is mobility, getting across a room somehow, whether by crawling, army crawling, scooting, rolling, walking, whatever. So don't stress too much about the actual crawling, it'll happen when it happens, and it's not unheard of for a baby not to crawl at all.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Don't worry they say every baby is different. he will crawl .when he's ready and willing. if he's not crawling by a month or two then go have a doctor check him out. to make sure everythings alright.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 3:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2009