I gotta post anonymously

Anyone else have a husband/boyfriend that strongly believes that girls *just don't fart*? Well that's how my husband is, which honestly isn't a big deal since I would never TRY to since I think it's gross. I don't know, I just always have, even before meeting him. Probably thanks to my dad who did it everyyyywhere (even while we're eating when I was younger).

My question is, now that I'm pregnant it's harder to control, why is that? I only let one go in the morning when I'm still kind of asleep and I'm never sure if he is or if it would wake him up haha. Anyway, how to I make this less likely to happen?

I know some people are just comfortable around each other to where this isn't a big deal, but we're going on four years and I don't see this changing anytime soon haha.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try to practice doing it silently. Sometimes it is impossible, but sometimes you can make the area open up a little so there isn't any noise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• We all go through it. I'm going through it now. But I'm like you. I hate it. Its just gross to me. I would NEVER do it in front of anyone, especially my fiance. My doctor said its easier to just avoid foods that cause gas. Go hear to see foods that cause it: http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Stop-Gas-And-Bloating&id=591170

Hope this helps.
    xCalliex

Answer by xCalliex at 10:56 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Wow. Is your husband really like that? Girls DO fart, especially when their pregnant.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 10:58 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Would that help for even when I'm sleeping since it happens in the morning? I must be half awake to notice it but it never happened before. I'm eating the same, so I just don't get why it's normal for pregnant people to be more gassy. I'm still fairly regular like before. This is just guna suck like last time lol.

I feel weird even talking like this. It's seriously taboo with my husband and I.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• LOL ! don't worry it's a natural thing to pass gas, does he not know that? In public I agree it's embarrassing but you should feel very comfortable around your SO. Tell him you have to let it out otherwise your stomach will hurt.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 11:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• To be honest if my husband did it too much, I would be less attracted to him. If he let a few slip, I would probably just laugh because that's just not him at all. I don't know how he does it! Not one in four years! hahah

Thanks Callie, I'm definitely going to memorize those foods lol.

Is there anyway to let him know that's just what happens while you're pregnant? I don't necessarily want to just tell him because I'm not even sure if he noticed. He's kind of dead to the world in the morning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It's the hormones during pregnancy that make us more gassy, but you can try watching what you eat.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 11:03 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Oh and by the way, he's a sweet guy. It's not like he puts me down for it, he just doesn't talk about it. If we were actually both FOR SURE awake during the day and I did one that was noticeable, we would probably both burst into laughter.

We just kind of have this silent agreement that we both don't like it so we'll try to not do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Other than avoiding certain foods, I don't think there's much you can do. In the first trimester if I didn't fart when I needed to, my stomach would hurt soooo bad. Sometimes it would hurt and I wouldn't know I needed to fart, until I did, and it was the hugest relief. I've never had to fart like that until I got pregnant. I've always been able to hold it without getting a belly ache, until now. My husband acts like it's a personal attack on him when I fart. Hahaha.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• He needs to understand that your body is changing.. cause your creating a NEW LIFE and beautiful LIFE inside of you... and yes women fart.. lol I am preg.. and yes it is embarrasing but my man understands.. we laugh and thats all you can do.. just run the other way.. and then laugh about it.. good luck
    NewMomToBe84

Answer by NewMomToBe84 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 15, 2009