"Autistic kids are annoying as hell..."

Overheard at the playground this morning....any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think the general population of this country is pretty annoying.
    PB_J

Answer by PB_J at 11:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Very mean...but very true...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It's a very rude way to put something but honestly some people just can't handle children with special needs. I am one of them, I don't know what I would do it were my son, hopefully I could handle it. But I would never say something like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yes, they can be very annoying but a lot of people need to realise that its because of the autism, not because they are wanting to annoy.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 11:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Ignorance is what is annoying, not the child with Autism
    Mom2LexiNJordan

Answer by Mom2LexiNJordan at 11:04 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Well, you know that this is a loaded and simple question, so how do you feel? Is this how you feel? I have never met an autistic child who was not breathtakingly beautiful. No wonder these autistic kids have no friends - the parents of typical kids are the real annoying ones - and that's being nice.

Clearly - you are the one being quoted, if not literally, then mentally.
    terry6202

Answer by terry6202 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I agree w/ the person who said it. I think they're very annoying as well!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yes they are. I don't think you are being rude. Sometimes you just have to say things to get them off your chest. I would rather you say it here instead of to the child or the parents. If you don't have to deal with the child daily, just back off and give him/her space. Just remember that it's not deliberate annoyance, but it is still annoyance. A lot of times you can redirect and get them interested in something else, but no guarantee. I have taught austic kids. It is a real challenge if you don't encounter them on a daily basis.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'm with Mom2lexi! Ignorance is what is annoying! Not everyone is cut out to be around special needs kids, but that doesn't mean they should bash them.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think you're all very damn petty. When a child is born. I'm sure they're not begging God to be completely messed up mentally.Not be able to grow older than say a 6 yr old and that's on a good day. A friend of mines son is Autistic and I find him very funny and interesting. He's more human than any of you bastards. He loves with no conditions, doesn't non chalantly decide that mental or phisical handicaps are "just annoying", he also is very smart along with most children who SUFFER from Autisim.. Just imagine if it were you and thank God everyday that your child(ren) are healhy. Not that you deserve it after beening able to bash kids with these mental handicaps.
    honeychick772

Answer by honeychick772 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 15, 2009