How can I get my son ready for the newborn I will be babysitting?

She is due in August. He is 14 months old right now. I take him to their house to babysit, right now it is just the 6 and 8 year old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd role play with stuffed animals. Some bigger ones, a tiny one, and a mommy. Tell him that the mommy stuffed animal is taking care of the bigger stuffed animals and that pretty soon there will be a brand new baby to take care of. Talk about the kind of care that will be needed, and that the mommy stuffed animal will still care for all the older stuffed animals. This shouldn't be as big a deal as if you were having the new baby. You'll leave the baby behind with the baby's own mother at night, and your little one's life will stay the same at home.

Answer by Bmat at 11:18 AM on Jun. 15, 2009