how can i get pregnant

i have been trying for 4 monmths or longer but not getting pregnant could something be wrong with me

akasson30

Asked by akasson30 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Were you on birth control? Sometimes it can take over a year for that stuff to wear off in your body, depending on what type you were using.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:06 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Having sex worked for me! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• You May not have enough cervical mucus to safely carry the sperm to your egg. I've heard some people praise the use of raw egg whites. I personally wouldnt try this myself, but it may be something you could look into if you're brave! lol

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/can-egg-whites-help-me-get-pregnant.html
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 11:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If I were you I would keep track of you cycles. Most women who are on a 28 day cycle, ovulate on day 14 (which would be 2 weeks after the first day of your last cycle.) That would be the best time to have sex. You could also try having sex every other day. I've heard ever day isn't as good because the more a man ejaculated the less sperm in each ejaculate. Also make sure you lift your pelvis up after sex. Put a pillow under you butt for a few minutes, that will help the sperm travel.. Good luck. If things still dont work out for you, schedule an apt with an OBGYN. Then they could test you for infertility.
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Talk to a doctor about it..

Answer by louise2 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Just hang in there and keep trying! For a young, healthy couple it takes an average of 6 months, and up to one year to conceive. If you're over 35, you should see your doctor after 6 months; otherwise you should wait until a year has passed. I know how it is--it took my DH and I 15 months.
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 11:50 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It took us 3 years to get pregnant. You need to take charge of your fertility and keep trying. You may not have enough cervical mucus, and KY can interfere with fertilization. If you MUST use a lubricant (we have to) then i recommend PreSeed. It's kinda pricey, but you have to decide if it's worth it.

Use ovulation predictor kits, and have fun! And if all else fails, STOP TRYING! We got preg while we were separated and USING PROTECTION!

christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 12:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• 4 months or so really isn't that long, for some it takes years....a doctor won't even help you with fertility drugs and such until you've been trying on your own for at least a year!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2009