Shld a 22 year old female live by herself with a baby or stay @ home with her parents?

I am 22 with a little girl I stay with my parents but its getting complicated. I help my parents with the bills and also buy groceries and clean the house on the regular. My parents both have their own pets which the dogs share a room with my daughter. My parents never cook nor clean behind their dogs. I buy washing powder, toilet tissue, paper towels, and etc. I have a car note, pay daycare, car insurance, and other things that are needed. I never ask my parents for anything and they are starting to take my kindness for a weakness. I clean the house at least 2 times a day and since the dog share a room with my daughter I have to clean their cage at least once a week. That means take their blankets out and wash them and bathe the dogs. That's too much!!!! Please tell me what I should do.......

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in About CafeMom

• You have to do what you feel may be in the best interest of you and your daughter. But before making a decision, it would be wise to speak to your parents first and let them know how you feel. And, hopefully, they will try and reason with you. After all, they are your parents. It is only fair to discuss the issue with them. Should you decide that it is in the best interest for you to move out, be sure to leave on a good note with your parents because you never know when you may need to turn to them again. Above all, seek God and ask him for guidance. Let him be the one to direct your path. He will never steer you wrong!
    Kammons

Answer by Kammons at 12:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• (FOR ME) i couldnt imagine living w/ my parents or my bf's parents now (im 22 as well) ... i grew up alot since i got my own place ... everything is on ME now , no one else , i think if i would still b at my dads id be letting things go ALOT!
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:16 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If I were you I would move out. You shouldn't have to worry about cleaning someone else's house or taking care of someone else's dog when you have a child to care for. I am 22 with a one-year-old and pregnant with my second. I lived with my parents for a few months after my son was born and then got my own place. Let me tell you it's been so much easier and less stressful! Tell them you want to save up money for your own place and see what you can work out. Good luck hunn!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 11:16 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If you can go and it won't be a strain or too much of a struggle on your or your daughter. Then you should. It would be a good step to take.

If you can't. Talk to them. Show them that you are trying to do your fair share. Not be their new maid
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If you could afford it move out, i'm in a similar situation, but mine is getting way to complicated to do anything about it now, Good Luck to You!!!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• ooooh I would definitely get my own place. You wouldnt have to worry about cleaning up EVERYONEs mess. Just you and your babys. I think you would be so much less stressed. Since your baby is in daycare anyway your parents arent really helping you.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 11:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would talk to my parents honestly about this and try to set up some boundaries. You obviously cannot continue to let them take advantage of you. If you talk to them and they can't see what their doing is causeing you trouble than I would def. lokk into getting my own place. It doen't seem much different than what you're doing now..
    honeychick772

Answer by honeychick772 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It sounds as though you are the housekeeper, and you also help with bills and groceries. It shows that you are a responsible adult. You could do well on your own. Of course you'll have other expenses- rent, and other bills that you may not be covering now, plus not having a babysitter right there. From what you are saying, it seems that you'd feel happier on your own. If you find it is a huge mistake, then maybe you could go back to your parents. but my guess is that you'll like it.

Answer by Bmat at 11:24 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Wow your daughter shares a room with dogs? They must be special dogs...

What do your parents do? Are they physically able to take care of themselves if you left?

I mean you have to ask yourself yes what is best for your daughter?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I believe you should do whatever you think is best for your daughter and you. I don't believe you should be cleaning after the dogs. If they aren't yours, then they shouldn't be your responsibility...
    Talk to your parents, maybe they are willing to compromise. If they aren't able to pay for bills and everything else on their own, maybe you could rent a room out cheap to someone who was willing to help? It could be better to move out... How does your daughter feel towards your parents, how would moving out affect her? Not only should you talk to your parents, talk to your daughter as well. Your input is final, yes, but maybe your daughter's thoughts could help you make your decision. Just my opinion... hope i helped
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 11:41 AM on Jun. 15, 2009