Over due...

If you went past your due date.. how long did you go? Did you end up inducing? (If you did, how far along were you?) Im just curious. Im only 2 days past my due date, but I am starting to feel like she just doesn't want to come! lol

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 11:15 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I went 9 days past due and he was born 23 hours 58 minutes before I was to be induced.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:18 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I went a week after my due date and was induced on a thurs night and she came out via emergency c-section early friday morning. she was too big! lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• it's normal for first time mom's to be late. some women end up being 2-3 weeks "overdue". EDD are just an estimate and can be off by up to 6weeks. so, take it easy. relax. and enjoy. inducing puts a risk on you and baby. so, don't worry. she'll come when she's ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'm still pregnant with my first but my mom was 3 weeks late with me. My MIL was 3.5 weeks late with my husband. Although, I don't think they will let you go that long these days. I don't think they let you go past 42 weeks nowadays.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I went 3 weeks over delivery date...and I faked labor at that time when my Dr was out of town. He was an old "when the fruit is ripe it will fall from the tree" kind of guy. It was my understanding that at 42 weeks the Placenta starts to break down so I fibbed when he was out of town. The on call Dr was concerned and stripped my membranes and I had my baby the next day. I had a pretty healthy 8lb 8oz baby girl...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:33 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Technically you are not overdue till after 42 weeks since normal human gestation is 38-42 weeks. I never went over my due date but my sister had her second at 42 weeks and 5 days (no induction).
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• well heres what im worried about...idc if i go past the date because i know she should come on her time, but my bf has a daughter and her bday is this friday, and when her mom heard my due date she was like "thats soo close to her bday, what the hell"... kinda made me feel bad. what would you think?
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 11:36 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• First of all, you are never *over* due. Babies come when they are supposed to, when they are good and ready for the world. And doctors fudge due dates ALL the time. That being said, I went 3 weeks past my *estimated* due date with my first, four weeks with my second, and 1 week with my third. They all came on their own time and were healthy happy babies.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:40 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Who cares if your child and your bf's daughter have the same birthday? People the world over share birthdays. There are only 365 days in a year! Make it fun that they share a birthday. Co-plan parties and share the expenses. My daughter and my nephew have the same birthday. And my other daughter and other nephew were born just 6 days apart. It really doesn't matter.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I was 5 days late when they decided to induce. Ended up (after 30 hours of labor) as an emergency c-section.

I was a first-time mom, so my doc wouldn't let me go past 41 weeks.

Next time, however, I"m going to try for a VBAC, so no induction for us!! We'll wait til 43 weeks before we schedule a c-section, give that little baby time to come on his or her own.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 2:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2009