gay pride

idk if anyone has seen the post about the gay pride parade... how do you feel about this????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT GAY PRIDE PARADES ARE TO MAKE THE AVERAGE JOE REALIZE THE DISCRIMINATION OF THIS PARTICULAR GROUP. PEOPLE THAT ARE PROUD OF WHO AND WHAT THEY ARE REGARDLESS OF THOSE WHO OPPOSE THEIR LIFESTYLE. HETEROSEXUALS ARE NOT DISCRIMINATED IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM WHEN IT COMES TO CIVIL RIGHTS, THIS IS WHY THERE IS NO HETEROSEXUAL PARADES OR HETEROSEXUAL PRIDE.

Answer by older at 11:26 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I have no problem with it. One of my friends is gay and attends the annual gay pride parade in our town every year. I think it's awesome for homosexual people to get out there and stand up for themselves and be able to have a fun day without getting criticized.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Well, I'll say this for a fact: there was a group of neo-nazi's who came to my hometown and walked a couple of years ago. I find that disturbing, not gay pride parades. Everyone has a right to a peaceful gathering though, so really it doesn't matter. If people don't like it, they can just stay away from that part of town for the day, that's what everyone did with the nazis.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:34 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I have often wished I had enough time and energy to put together a Fat Pride parade. I applaud them. They are letting heteros know that they are a larger group than anyone suspects and that they are brave enough to stand up for themselves. As for neo-nazis...well, I might attend just so I can find out who I'm NEVER going to do business with again--or ever--because of their hatefulness.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• gay pride ribboni have a friend who is gay and he's like a brother to me so yes i back it 100%

nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Anonymous

• Anonymous

• Parisrainbowthumb

Anonymous

• I don't care about the gay pride parade, but I wish that they would put some more clothes on for their own descencey and modesty. But as you can see they don't care they just want sex and blah blah blah. So they flaunt their body's for ALL the world to see and if I happen to be driving by I don't want for my babies to see that stuff. But ifthey do I will have to explain that some people don't care about their modesty. That also goes for regualr people. There's and girls wearing clothes that are too small for them showing their butt and boobs off. But not just skinny people are immodest. The bigger people are. Now I know the fact that your big isn't gonna be hidden and it's hard to hide tha tpsare tire but wear clothes that fit you. Not you 5 y/o sister's closet, to me that's immodest as well.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I am all for it!!! For one thing, I just love parades. LOL But more than that, I think that people not only getting a chance to openly celebrate something that many in mainstream society think is "shameful" and should be hidden away, but to have fun with those ideas... it's awesome. Humor and freedom might be wrong in some people's eyes, but certainly not in mine.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 2:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009