My 6 year old gets easily upset!...

Over minor things. Two examples. The school bus drops him off at my aunts house and the kids on the bus say that it's his house...he gets really upset with them about it. My aunt told me that a woman called her his grandmother by accident and he screamed "THAT"S NOT MY GRANDMOTHER!!". Does anyone have a child with a temper like this? He doesn't stay upset for long or anything....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe talk to him, and let him now that he doesn't have to get so excited about things. And then everytime he gets worked up, calmly remind him that its okay. Maybe try and make it a joke, like the world will not end if your friends think your aunts house is yours. It's probably just a character flow, and he needs to learn how to control it.
    mommyaunt412

Answer by mommyaunt412 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Hopefully there is no teasing on the bus before he gets dropped off. Maybe you could talk to him about that. If this is not the case, and he truly is getting angry for no apparent reason....there are some good books about getting angry for kids. It might help him see himself and how silly it is. If he doesn't see himself in the book, when he gets upset talk about it to him later and remind him about the character in the book. See here http://www.cjkidz.com/parentsgrandparentsteachers.html   Look at both the Angry link and the Feelings link.

momjs

Answer by momjs at 10:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009