My 6 year old gets easily upset!...

Over minor things. Two examples. The school bus drops him off at my aunts house and the kids on the bus say that it's his house...he gets really upset with them about it. My aunt told me that a woman called her his grandmother by accident and he screamed "THAT"S NOT MY GRANDMOTHER!!". Does anyone have a child with a temper like this? He doesn't stay upset for long or anything....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Seems as though he doesn't know how to deal with these kinds of situations. Maybe sit him down and tell him how to correctly handle mistakes that people make. Please start while he is still young and teach him skills to cope with these kinds of situations. If that doesn't help maybe have him see a therapist or counselor that can help him cope, seems like he has a short fuse when it comes to this and can greatly benefit with some ways of pushing these aside.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 11:37 AM on Jun. 15, 2009