Dave Ramsey

Anyone else a Dave Ramsey fan? What tips of his do you actually use? I find carrying cash is a problem for me, but I do have a budget. I think he is very entertaining as well as helpful!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am a HUGE Dave Ramsey fan! I pretty much follow his plan exactly. We do the monthly budget, we use cash only, etc. In fact I am very very close to being debt free.......I'm so excited! He is very entertaining too, sometimes I just bust up laughing when I am watching his show and someone is telling him their situation and the look on his face is like WTH? My hubby and I try to guess which ones he's going to tell to get rid of the car (before he actually says it). His advice is practical and he doesn't pretend like he invented these concepts. He says in his book that he stole them from God and your grandmother. It's common sense and people need to learn how to use it, US INCLUDED.....somewhere along the line we misplaced it, but we are back on track. I give his books away to all my friends, they need it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• DR has amazing advice. But here's the thing about his plan. You can't just do it halfheartedly or be apathetic if you're going to follow his steps to be debt-free. If you do, YOU WILL FAIL and find it easy to knock his plan.

BUT...if you are serious about your financial future and are motivated to get and stay out of debt, HE HAS THE MOST COMMON SENSE WAY TO LIVE.

It took us 2 1/2 years to get out of debt and we are now building our 6-month EF. We currently have over $6000 in the bank, more than we've EVER had before. We are pregnant with our 4th child and saving every month. We give/tithe regularly, drive paid for vehicles, contribute to our retirement and are working on paying off our mortgage within the next 10 years. Oh, and we're 24 years old. :)

I heart DR.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• we LOVE dave!!! he has great advice and he makes me laugh!!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• who? lol anything like Robert Kiyosaki? I love him!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2009