baby shower for 2nd baby?

My son is 10 months old and I just found out I am pregnant again, I am actually excited. I hope its a girl this time, if not hat is ok too. I was wondering if its ok to have another baby shower? I mean I already gave away most of my sons baby things like his newborn clothes and baby bath, and infant car seat since we have a convertible one now, so i pretty much need a car seat and clothes and probably other stuff too, is it wrong for me to have another baby shower or should i just try and find stuff used on craigslist and stuff?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sorry I think every baby deserves one, I don't go by the old fashioned way. I mean come on it's a party? should a child only have one birthday??? ;) I would not only have a party I would register to put stuff on as cheap as outlet covers to more expensive things that people can buy so they have options. I think it's silly to not have one.
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If its a girl Go ahead but because you already have boy people will expected that you keep that stuff I would just try craigslist n local stores like goodwill n stuff like that goodluck & God bless! (hope its a girl)
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I guess etiquette says that it's ok if it's the opposite sex but Hey if your friends and family want to throw you one, go for it...if it was my sister I probably would. I love baby showers....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i did...my mom threw my first...and my mil wouldnt throw the 2nd, so my mom threw it again....and both times my lovely mil(so not) didnt help....my mom forked out for just the shower, food and gift bags over 500 dollars and she didnt help....and my hubbys mom and dad are rich...made my mom mad considering she still has kids living at home....and they dont....they never help out wih anything....babysitting, noting...my mom does it all...i say if you want one...have one
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• im having a second baby shower even though my son is only 15 months old and i am having another boy. we already pretty much have everything so we're just having a baby shower/open house bbq, totally casual, men invited too lol and we're not expecting anything. why wouldnt you want to celebrate each baby? i say go for it, either way.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 12:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• it depends on ur friends & family. if u have someone who wants to throw u one, and ur friends and fam would be excited, then yeah. but if u get negative responses like oh ur just being greedy (yeah someppl say that) then i would go with no. i saved every last bit of baby stuff, all the clothes and everything cuz if i have another boy, i cant afford to go buy all new stuff. but if ur having a girl this time, a lot of family will jump at the chance to be able to buy pink frilly stuff this time around! if its another boy though, i would say no
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 16, 2009