My neighbor always brags about Her Brother-in-law!

I'm a single mom and so is the bragger. Her kids are snobs and avoid my lovely autistic daughter. If that's not bad enough, her bragging about her brother-in-law, (who is her boss) and his big check to pay $400K in cash for her condo, while begging to pay $30K to pay off her car and buy her daughter a $400 dress (8 year old girl) for her birthday, etc. is endless. I try to avoid her and go to the next school bus stop and she follows me! I hate her. What a creep, and she knows I have no money. Why is she like this and what can I do?????

terry6202

Asked by terry6202 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Why is she like this?
    Because she is very insecure and feels like a failure. Yes, she has a place to live, a nice car, and gets her kid expensive things. But she knows she can't make it on her own - like YOU are doing. She wonders what extra something you you have that lets you get through life without a sugar-daddy. And she wonders why she can't do it too.
    What to do?
    Try to avoid her. When you can't, try to remember that she brags and carries on about this stuff because she is JEALOUS of YOU. You are making it on your own. You are a success. And that makes her angry, jealous, and a little frightened.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• There's nothing you can do. Just avoid her as best as you can.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:49 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Say, "I am sorry you are so unhappy, I wish there was something I could do to help you out, but I am afraid you are beyond help." Say it with a big smile on your face in a very sincere voice. No it isn't very nice, but you don't like her anyway. It may just be mean enough to make her stop liking and bothering you. I wish you lots of luck.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 12:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• ya she is insecure.usually and i found out the hard way woman like this usually are putting you down to bring themselves up.either that or she is just a real ass hole and id playing off of your or what she thinks is your problems.in any case this woman has problems i would stay away.live and learn
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009