when is it time to potty train?

how do you know when its time to potty train? and whats a good age to start? my little boy is almost 2.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Google "signs of potty training rediness" and find the quiz. Its like 20 questions about your child and you answer them then it gives you all your answers in catagories of ready or not ready. I found it to be very helpful....my daughter is 18 months and scored 16 out of 20.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It depends on when your child is ready. You can start trying to get him to sit on the toilet now, but don't expect anything. My daughter is 2.5 and still doesn't care about the potty.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 11:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I started when mine was 2.5. He showed all the signs. He did not ever tell me he needed to go until way later. I started out with him sitting..it's just easier. I got him big boy undies and got rid of the diapers. We spent a week at home and I took him every thirty minutes and sat him on it and asked him to try to go. Before the week was up, he had day training down. Before the month, he was night trained. And, before he was 3, he would tell me or could run and pull his pants down and go himself.
    The signs:
    Can stay dry through naptime. (Some start when they can stay dry two hours. I chose naptime)
    Can indicated the need to go verbally. (they won't say, but, being able to talk helps ALOT)
    Is able to pull pants on and off. (they won't do this either for awhile, but, again..it helps to make sure they are without a doubt ready)
    Shows interest in learning.(Not being scared of it is a helpful sign)

I hope this helps.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:41 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• When your tired of buying diapers or pull ups..It was between a year and a year and a half for me..But I have girls..I heard it is harder to train boys..

Answer by louise2 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2009