No bashing please!

Does it bother you that ladies feel the need to include this for even the simplest of questions? Is it a good indicator that there are a lot of mean people on CM?

jesse123456

Asked by jesse123456 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Saying "no bashing" around here is like nailing Jello to the wall, a complete waste of time. There are some women on this site who sit and wait for the chance to verbally abuse someone. It is just how it is.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• No it's the way of indicating that they are asking a genuine question and not trying to start drama. Lots of folk ask questions for the pure drama of it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:45 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Eh, I think it's more of an indicator that they are wanting to cause drama themselves by bringing up something inflammatory. It's like telling someone not to "touch the red button".
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 11:46 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think when some one says that in a Post..It is funny..Because they are trying to tell me how to answer there Post..That they can't do anyways..

Answer by louise2 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yeah, like saying "no bashing" is going to stop people from bashing. It usually means they are about to say something either worth bashing, or that they have seen bashed before.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 11:56 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• To me it means that they are warning that the question may be controversial.

Answer by Bmat at 12:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think that bashing is not always as needed as a good opinion, even if it's not the one you want.
    Anonymous