baby shower for 2nd baby?

My son is 10 months old and I just found out I am pregnant again, I am actually excited. I hope its a girl this time, if not hat is ok too. I was wondering if its ok to have another baby shower? I mean I already gave away most of my sons baby things like his newborn clothes and baby bath, and infant car seat since we have a convertible one now, so i pretty much need a car seat and clothes and probably other stuff too, is it wrong for me to have another baby shower or should i just try and find stuff used on craigslist and stuff?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think a 2nd baby shower is just fine. There are no rules. If someone doesn't want to bring a gift they don't have to. I don't think you should make it just about the gifts though. It should be a celebration of the new little blessing entering the world. Like bettylou420 said, every baby should have a party! lol

I'll most likely have a 2nd shower for this bun growing right now. However, I never really had a shower with my first since we're stationed overseas. My mom threw me an online shower, which was basically just a big chat with my friends and family back in the states. It was fun, but I never got the real shower experience so I think I'm entitled to it this time and will not feel guilty!

Plan that party, I say! :)
    soldierswifey05

Answer by soldierswifey05 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think you should celebtate every new child. My second shower I didn't ask for gifts though we called it a diaper shower.
    CarrienKansas

Answer by CarrienKansas at 11:50 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If you knew you were going to want more children..Why would you get ride of your baby stuff??Unless you just wanted new stuff for the new baby??

Answer by louise2 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• every baby should have a party!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• --original poster--

i do want more children but we dont have space to just store that stuf around our house and plus i didnt think i would get pregnant this soon, wasnt planning on getting pregnant, i have actually been using birth control pills never missed one and got pregnant still so its a huge surprise..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Ignore people's ignorant comments. The same thing happened to me, I got pregnant on birth control right after I gave all my baby stuff away. I'm having a small baby shower with close friends and family. I'm not putting anything about gifts on the invitation but when people ask my mom will tell them where I am registered.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 12:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• ---original poster--

ya i have the crib and changing table and like swing and bouncers and stuff liek that just not the stroller and car seat and clothes and of course diapers so i think its ok
    Anonymous

• I was just debating if I should have a baby shower. I am pregnant with my second and its a boy but my first was a girl so I could really use clothes and of course diapers are always a good gift. A friend of mine is also pregnant with her second, her first was a boy and she is now pregnant with a girl and she plans on having a baby shower but when I talked to my mom about it she said she doesnt think people should get a second baby shower but I have heard a lot of people doing it so I think the rules have kind of changed and its ok to have another one. I would like another one even if it just means good food and friends and a break from my two year old for and hour or two.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My dear mother in law gave me what she called a Baby Sprinkle.. since I had alot from my previous pregnancy (5 years previous) ... I got a TON of diapers.. and alot of people thought it was cute and not being greedy... because we made it clear that no large items were needed so they didn't feel the need to spend alot.. but we did want to have some sort of celebration as every new baby is a blessed event! :) Good Luck!
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 12:43 AM on Jun. 16, 2009