Does your teenager do this?

While out and about with the family does your teenager tend to zone you out like having on their earplugs listening to their Ipod, Or while watching a movie they just can't seem to put that damn cell phone down I mean text message this text message that I hate it. I can't control them bc they are not living with us but come visit and my dh rather just leave them alone since they used to this. I mean what the hell to they come over for to be on these things and only give alittle family time. Thats bull... I just bite my tongue and wait for them to go home and treat them nice. What to do not much I guess...UUHH!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Oh yes. My 13 yr old lil sis would be texting 24/7 if she could, but we have rules about it. Just like TV and or internet time her phone is also limited
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• oh heck yes...we put a few well placed rules in effect... Put your limits out there and make sure they respect them....it's either that or they lose the phone, Ipod etc all together while they are at your house...pretty simple
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Since you probably can't be too extreme in the rules if the mom isn't, perhaps you can suggest to your husband that they at least put the phones and ipods away at meal times. I have few limits but at times, we ask them to stop and definitely at meal times. Also, at night, phones go on a desk in the entry way where they change, so they kids aren't up all night texting or on the PC.

At least at meal time, you can try to have a 5 minute converstation with them....
    PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 2:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yes she does. All I can say, is Thank God for unlimited texting.

Talk to your husband, and have while your "in this house these are the rules" and so on. Just try not to get so strick. I usually say, not at meal times, not when we are visiting someone, and I think here pretty soon I'm going to take it away at night, and she can have it back in the morning. I have a feeling she texts all night, and I don't want to her to loss sleep because of it.
    mommyaunt412

Answer by mommyaunt412 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Oh yeah! As soon as we all get into the van, in go the earplugs for the Ipod. And, then,if we do have to ask him something, he gets all bent out of shape because he has to take his earplugs out to answer us.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2009