POIC...Am I wrong for not wanting my DH's family at DDs first birthday??

some say yes, and some no...the thing is, EVERY time his mom and sister are together they do NOTHING but argue and fight and cry and personally I wouldn't want that at my daughter's birthday! What memories! Anyway, my DH doesn't care b/c he hardly talks to them in hope of avoiding the drama...I just don't want horrible memories for us! I know my DD doesn't know the difference, but they're my memories and you only get ONE first birthday! Am I a bitch or is it ok that we don't want them there??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If they cant put their personal problems aside for your DD birthday they shouldnt be invited!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• if it were me i would invite them and if one chooses not to ciome then their loss. if they start to fight. then politely ask them to leave because that is not the time or the place.

I just have my DS first bday party yest. and i had always thrown 2 parties for my first child bc everyone is divorced and HATES each other! i wouldnt do it for the 2nd child. so i through one big one we had a guest list of over 60 people, and thats with very few friends!! but some chose not to attend, which was their choice and others decided to be matue and just grin and bare it. it all went ok, no fight, they jsut all talked behing each others back afterwards. GOOD LUCK!! Dont u wish some people could jsut grow up!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Have 2 parties. The main one with your family and friends, and a second one where you have just his family and let the critters have their drama. Have it somewhere besides your home so when they get started you, hubby and DD can pack it up and leave.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think you should invite them, but be blunt with them beforehand and tell them that this is your daughter's day and you don't want any arguing or fighting. If they end up getting into it anyway, then you can tell them to take it outside, or somewhere else. And make sure your DH is prepared to back you up. It's his family, after all.
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 1:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2009