My DH has been sleeping in my son’s room on the bottom bunk bed for the past 3 nights…

I found a picture from a woman on his phone last week Thursday, confronted him, got into a huge argument, he apologized but didn’t want to talk things through. So I made him leave the house on Thursday night. Ever since we have not been speaking (only cordially about the house or our son) and he’s been sleeping in my son’s room. We had a “normal” weekend of doing things with our 6 year old, chores, etc. He goes to bed after my son and leaves for work before we wake up. So my son doesn’t know that daddy’s been sleeping in his room. I work full time and make my own money…and am expecting a child in a couple of months. At this point I don’t even care that I’m sleeping alone. Sad to say but I would like to work on things…BUT I feel that he should make the first step. He is very stubborn as we’ve been through communication issues before. CONT'D..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• OP___Contd-He thinks that because he admitted to the mistake, told me the woman isn’t anything and express how on earth could he be having an affair when he’s always either working or with us---that things should be fine. I just don’t know what to do. He is a great dad, excellent-responsible partner in life but our relationship hasn’t been the best…should I tell him to leave until he can come and face me? Or try and mend things?
    Anonymous

• we must be married to the same guy....my hubby sleeps on the couch since i found out about this other girl, which he says was innocent. so dont feel alone
    Anonymous

• The marriage is worth saving. Be the bigger person and make the first step yourself. Remember that guys aren't much for heart-to-hearts, so discussion should be to the point and not accusing at all. You want him to be able to save face - it is the loving thing to do, and it may help in cooperation. Marriage counseling is a good idea.

Answer by Bmat at 12:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would expect a full explanation from him. If he has done nothing wrong than he should be MORE than willing to talk and defend his position.

I wouldnt hesitate to tell him you want to sit down with no interruptions and with someone watching your son, to talk about everything.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• if you can work things out do whatever you can to make it right. it sounds like there is hope in your situation!
    Anonymous

• Try and mend things but, he needs to open up to you more communication is really, really important in a relationship if you two love each other which you pretty much sound like you do love him try and mend the pieces back together and have your family back to normal. Him sleeping in the bed with you and your son to have his room back to normal all it will take is for your son to wake up once in the middle of the night and then your son will know something is going on with his mommy and daddy.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 12:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• What kind of picture was it?
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 12:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• OP here___Just a regular picture...he wrote back that she is beautiful. LOL.. I then wrote her back and told her to get a life, he's married with a young child and a baby on the way. She never wrote me back...I had his phone for the day.
    Anonymous

• You should apologize. First for snooping, second for not trusting him, third for over reacting, and forth for being so insecure that you had to say something to a woman just because he said she was beautiful. Jealousy is a very dangerous emotion. You need to work on that before you can even attempt to work on your marriage.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2009