Oh no!!! I think my son has pink eye....has your child had it?

What were the symtoms? How were the Dr's able to tell, did they give you meds? What kind?

My son is 5. This is one sickness we have never had before. He has been coughing and congested for several days, I even thought he might have an ear infection. But he never complained with that anymore.

Now his eye are horrible looking, his veins are REALLY red and bumpy looking, he says they feel fine though...is that normal.

My poor baby =(

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 12:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Oh I forgot to say: we are heading to the Dr as soon as they are back from their lunch break. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• when my DS had pink eye..he was jsut a few months old. but hsi eye was red and all pussy. no other symptoms. he would wake up and it would be crusted shut. it sounds more like allergires or a bad sinus infection. i know that can mess with your eyes. good thing you going to the dr . when my DS had it they jsut gave us drops to put in. if it is then wash your hands a lot. dont touch ur eyes. otherwise im sure hell be out on an antibiotic
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yeah this doesn't sound like an pink eye to me more like a sinus infection that is now affecting his eyes.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My son had pink eye when he was 4 years old. He had viral pink eye. The doctor asked me about the amount of discharge his eye was producing and immediately diagnosed it as pink eye. He gave us a teeny tiny bottle of antibiotic eye drops (that cost a fortune) and within 24 hours he was back to normal. Just make sure you have lots of hand sanitizer around and that everyone washes their hands really well after every trip to the bathroom. My niece also got pink eye when she was 4 years old. Her's was diagnosed as bacterial due to poor handwashing habits. I don't know how they diagnose the difference between viral and bacterial but the same eye drops cure them both.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• OP HERE!!!!

HE HAS IT!!! And an ear infection to top it off.

Just got back from the Dr with a list of prescriptions....blahhh.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Awwww poor kid. I hope he feels better soon!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Put breast milk in it!
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Boogers in the eye will do it. Please teach your son to never touch or wipe his eyes after blowing or touching his nose, and to always wash his hands after blowing and touching his nose.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2009