Anyone ever used Basil and Oregano to induce labor?

My doctor said if my blood pressure continues to rise than we may need to seriously talk chemical induction (with pitocin and cervidil he said??) by the end of the week. I'm 37.5 weeks and he says that my cervix is "ready and ripe" so he thinks the induction would work.

The thing is I was really hoping for a natural birth but I understand the seriousness of my blood pressure and the problems it can cause for both me and baby so I was thinking of trying some natural induction methods.

My friend said her midwife mixed dry oregano, fresh basil and raspberry leaves to make a sort of tea and had her drink a few cups to induce her when her blood pressure began to rise with her last pregnancy.

Have any of you tried this and did it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The only part of this I have heard of is the raspberry leaf tea.... You can also try putting evening primose oil on your cervix although it might not do anything since yours is already soft. DON"T try castor oil! Even if it does work you will just be miserable! And you can add black cohosh to your rasperry leaf tea its suppose to help your uterus begin contracting I believe... something like that.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 12:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2009