is it wrong

when i had my son, he was 6 weeks early, he was also our first, so i didnt mind that people came to see him...i had a c-section and took no pain meds for it...so i was a little crabby, but this time around i dont want anyone there except my husband and son....i have never been away from my son for more than 12 hours and i will lose my mind not seeing him for 3 days...my hubby cant understand that i hate the hospital...i mean the simple thought of even spending 3 days there pisses me off...and i dont want my family(cept my son) or his family there...i just want to enjoy my new bundle of joy alone with MY family...son and hubby and new baby boy...is that wrong...

Mamaof2boys0709

Asked by Mamaof2boys0709 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Not wrong at all! Make it known and ask that others respect your desire for alone time then!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Perhaps you could allow others for a brief time- say 3-4 in the afternoon, and let them know this. This way the grandparents would be able to see their new grandchild, yet you'd have most of the time on your own.

Answer by Bmat at 12:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• well i was going to after i got home with the baby, have a get together for everyone to come over and see the baby...i was going to buy pizza and what not....i mean if i really wanted to be a bitch i could tell the nurses station i dont want any visitors unless they are my hubby and son...i just want to be with my hubby and son...no one else
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Nope. Not wrong at all! In fact when I had my son I turned my mother down for wanting to come and stay with us...it's perfectly fine to want that intimate alone time with you and your "family"
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 12:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Hell no it is your experience and you get to say who is there and who is not. Just let everyone know ahead of time so they don't show up at the hospital and get turned away.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 12:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It isn't wrong to want to spend your first child's first few days in private. Many people, especially grandparents may not understand why you may want it this way though. I would make sure you explain very tactfully before you go into the hospital why it is you would like this private time and then rather than have one big event for everyone to show up to maybe set aside a special time for each set of grandparents to come see the baby when you get home. When you've got more than one grandparent in the room things can get a little tense when everyone wants to hold the baby. It would give grandparents their special time and it would be less stressful on the baby to not be handed off by multiple people at one time.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It is not wrong. I would let everyone know in advance that you will "not be up to recieving visitors" during your hospital stay, but you are planning on having a welcome home baby party as soon as you are home. I would also mention that you will have a 'no visitors/do not disturb' sign on your hospital door-- so those who do not honor your request will NOT be allowed admittance to your room. I hope everyone will respect your wishes and realize you, your husband, and son need that 'family bonding time' with the new baby. Good luck!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2009