what do you do when this happens to you

as long as i could remember i have not loved my mother.reason bein is that she would always make you feel bad about your mistakes in life and rub it in your face everytime she gets a chance. she doesn't want to see anyone doing better than her and she lies all the time ..(she even goes as far as believeing her own lies).i'm 19 with a baby and just trying to make it but it's hard .i can't make it on my own right now and i was going to move with my child father but he doesn't know if he wants to ..i don't know what to do ..i hate it here and i'll probaly hate it there becuz he doesn't do shit with the baby.please help...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Life is hard but it isn't impossible. There are many assistance programs available to help you on your feet. You don't have to live with a verbally abusive mother OR an emotionally absent man in order to make it. Do some research and figure out how you can make a go of it on your own. Something else you could consider is finding another single mom who is in the same boat and needs a place.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Maybe you could slip her some antidepressants :) Your living in her home she can be whoever she wants. Try not engaging her in any negative conversations. Never let your anger show through in a discussion. Speak clearly and her nastiness will become more evident to her. Kill her with kindness. I would say to get the hell out...but living with a man who doesn't really care may not be any better. Good Luck.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Ohh sillyt ..about finding another mom or a good friend as a room mate is great. Just putting this out there because it worked so well for me. If you can find a bartending gig at a restaurant its usually about who you know and how you present yourself. You want to look like a hostess( not coyote ugly ). I would always pretend my customers were at my house for a cocktail. I would make my rent in 2 shifts when I was a kid. Bartending is great for college students and people who need to make a lot of money in a little amount of time.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Farrahann what does finding a bartending shift have to do with this question? Please explain that to me. In case you haven't realized but #1 you answered this question and # 2 the question is about this girl not liking where shes living and how she has a dead beat dad.
    Anonymous

• It seems that the girls least capable of taking care of themselves and a baby are the most desperate for attention that they will lie down with anyone. The very first thing that you need to do is determine that beyond what your mother thinks, you are a valuable human being and you and your child deserve better than the first dirt bag who will pay attention to you. You have to stand on your own two feet and protect yourself and your baby. Walk away from both of these dysfunctional people and don't go looking for somebody to save you. Save yourself. (See first reply.)

Anonymous

• anon....Bartending is fast money and not a 40 hour work week that requires a lot of day care. It is just a suggestion for saving money towards security and first and last months rent. Why do you feel the need to be a nasty b*tch? ..and I started the comment with " just putting it out there ".

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009