A house full of cats?

When I was a little girl we would play kick ball in front of our house and there was this older lady that lived across the street and she would get so upset at us when the ball would go on her yard. I am sure she is gone now god bless her.
But I remember going to her house for something with my dad and I saw lots of cats and her house smelled like....cats. I guess that is what it would smell like if you have that many cats. Have you ever entered a room with nothing but cats and that smell. Sometimes people who own kitties kind of smell like them too even if they are clean too, somehow the smell kind of lingers on them. I only own one...But I do love cats don't get me wrong I have a cat she is a calico I love her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pets

• yes she helps animals find their owners and rehome lost pets. she tried for yrs to get my bf to turn his cats over to her. eventually she did get a hold of them and this added the total number fo cats to her home being 30 i think. either way she almost didn't give me back my cat either. i paid her like $170 to get his bills paid and boarding but i often wonder if this was the actual price as she never seem to find the bill. she offered to take my cat in for me. she begged to have logan be an indoor cat even though he liked it outside. he used the doggie door to go out. he wasn't forced to stay in but he wasn't forced to go out either. we preferred it though cause then we didn't have to provide a cat box.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• yea we have one cat and my mom has told me sometimes that i smell like my cat caue he likes to hang all over me when im sitting down.

moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• unfortunantly many people that have so many cats(more than allowed by law) and the smell are mentally ill and suffer from a disorder called cat hoarding. They need to have all these animals around them, and then cannot give them up. In their minds they are saving or helping poor kitties but they cannot see how unsanitary and unhealthyit is for both themselves and the cats.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I don't see a problem with having lots of cats as long as they're all well taken care of and the home and litter boxes are kept clean.

We've got 2 large dogs and 2 cats and people that come to our house will say they can't even tell we have pets. I take that as a compliment of course!!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2009