Hypoglycemia-can this just usddenly appear during pregnancy?

I am unsure if it is normal or not. But I have been hungry a lot more than usual, I am 17 weeks along and this is my second pregnancy. I drink more, eat more and pee more. I know it sounds normal to have these and be pregnant, but I think I am freaking my self out because I am overly exhausted unless I eat something, which is why I took notice of the problem. I have to eat every two or three hours or else I get a headache, sleepy and cranky. I end up forgetting everything and confused. My little sister is hypoglycemic and my dad has type two diabetes. My first pregnancy was perfect, no problems at all. Should I ask my doctor about this and if so does anyone know additional tests I can request?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have hyoblycemia and when I was pregnant it turned into gestational diabetes.

After I had my babies, it turned back into hypoglycemia.

Just watch your diet, eat healthy and eat enough.

Definantly tell your Dr. but you should be close to having your fasting test. Where you drink the drink and they check your blood for diabetes.

This should tell you if you have a problem.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• yes hypoglycemia can show up during pregnancy and will probably go away after you give birth always talk to your doctor but it's normal
    Anonymous

• i had the same thing when your about 26 weeks along they will do a test to see if you are.. Im not But my first 4 month were soo bad my sugar would drop down into the 60's lower 70's and make me feel like crap i could move or eat cause i was soo sick feeling i had to go to the hospital.. if you feel you need to eat then eat the baby is taking alot of nutrition out of your body and keeping it for him or her.. i ate with my first kid like a hog.. every hour just about.. i also gained alot soo try to watch what you eat like i do with this kid i eat like 5 small meals a day. I might have like a bagel for breastfest 5 chicken nuggets for lunch dry cereal or some fruit then eat my supper. then at night i try not to eat that much if i have too i bought some baked chips if your a chip eater they are better for you if you just got to have some salty or some suger free ice cream.. but.. i hope that helped a little but
    tashiababe

Answer by tashiababe at 2:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'm mildly hypoglycemic, but during pregnancy it increased in severity by ten-fold. During all three of my pregnancies I ate almost constantly to keep my blood sugar up. I passed out at least once a week from a sugar crash. I learned to keep peanut butter crackers and little bottles of orange juice in my purse and glovebox all the time. Those little tubes of glucose tablets come in handy too.

I would ask my doctor about it. He way want to move up the date of your glucose tolerance test just to make sure. And try not to worry about it. Stress will make it much worse.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 2:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• are you a soda drinker? if soo do you like tea? with my first kid i drank nothing but soda soda soda.. some water here an there.. guess that could have been the reason my child tryed to come soo early.. but i stopped drinking soda with this one i drink this tea its called red diamond tea its really good alot better for you then soda.. i hate hearing drink like 20 glasses of 8 oz of water a day.. I get water logged.. but atleast try to drink a few glasses a day.. But the soda thing if you are a soda drinker.. try the tea.. if your wanting to watch your weight an all..
    tashiababe

Answer by tashiababe at 2:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2009