• In the Spotlight:

Hello im 28 weeks today and my baby is only weighing about 2 pounds or less, but at my dr. visit everything looked and sounded fine why is she weighing in so little and i keep getting these really bad back pains and stomach pains what is going on. Im a first time mommy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your only 28 weeks that is why she weights so little .
    they gain more weight later .
    pains can be normal
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If your dr said everything was fine then i would trust them, if you feel that somthing is wrong, go to the er...or you can call in to labor and delivery at your hospital and talk to someone there. they are usually helpful. but you still have 12 weeks left so your baby has a lot of time to gain weight still. good luck and congrats
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• You are ok...I am 29 weeks pregnant and my baby only weights 2 1/2 pounds it is just because we are only so far along. The baby will gain most of its weight during the middle of the eight and ninth month. Don't worry.
    LovinMyNewborn

Answer by LovinMyNewborn at 1:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Babies pack on the bulk of their weight in the last 3 weeks. Also, the weight right now is just a guess. At 37 weeks my dr told me my DD would weigh more than 9 pounds. When she was born, she barely weighed over 7.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• 2 lbs is fine your on track.. im 27 in a half weeks second baby for me mine weights almost 2 lbs.. but with my first child they said she was going to be a big baby like 9 lbs an they was wrong soo i don't know how much those machines really tell besides the sex an that they are growing..My daughter weighed 6lb 11 oz so i don't really listen to them to much on that.. if they said everything is good then its good.. Its ok to be nervous Lord knows i was .. The pain.. Well are you having it in your lower part of your stomach? If soo its just your legiments stretching its normal as for the back pain it only gets worse the baby is stretching out muscles you didn't even know you had.. your hips might even pop out of shocket a few times a week Heck mine does about everyday.. its all part of being pregnant.. hope that helped a little bit
    tashiababe

Answer by tashiababe at 2:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2009