Breast feeding and tatoos

Some people say you can get one f you pup and dump (like drinking alcohol) then some say it dont mater and others say you cant do it at all... I aint gona run out and get one right now, but was hopeing mabie in a few months... But I want to do something that I shouldnt... Does anybody know anything about this... I aint gona stop breast feeding for my own selfishness soo... yeah anybody know the answers?

candlefire22

Asked by candlefire22 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is probably okay to get a tattoo while bfing, but personally I would wait until baby was weaned, just in case.
    http://www.kellymom.com/health/lifestyle/mom-activities.html#Tattoos
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• just wait until baby is weaned...to be safe. Noone knows the answers for EVERYTHING about what is safe and what isn't...Im dying to get highlights in my hair. My doc says to wait to be safe, others say it's no big deal. Im not willing to risk ANYTHING just for me...so I would suggest to wait. =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would wait just in case you get some sort of infection from the tattoo. I don't understand the pump and dump thing because the ink and infection would be around for quite a while (like days not hours).
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2009