How did you do it?

Does anyone else struggle with getting rid of extra pregnancy weight? I seem to be gaining weight instead of losing and I haven't changed my diet to affect me to be gaining weight? How did you do it?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when you find out let me know....i had twins and now my stomach just depresses me
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 1:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My DD is 3 months and I'm just about down to pre-prego size. I'm nursing, that burns calories...I've also started running though, usually a 3 mile run 3 or 4 times a week for now.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I only had one lo...this past 2 weeks I gained weight some how and can;'t fit into a dress I bought and wore 2 weeks ago :(
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I had a c-section 3 weeks ago so I haven't been able to exercise at all yet...I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to lose the rest of this weight once I can really start working on it. I have 15lbs to get back to where I was pre-pregnancy. I have heard breastfeeding helps but I know that lack of sleep and stress makes losing weight harder! Doesn't seem fair!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• ive been having trouble . i have gained 10 lbs since i had her almost 2 months ago :(
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I had the same problem and when the first year was over, I just started working out and eating a lot more veggies. Try just writing your foods down. Be really aware and get more veggies in.

good luck!
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 1:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Walking seems to help. I find it hard to be active...well if this weather would get nicer where I am then I would go to the park with the stroller and walk. My son is 8 months and I still have 8 lbs that I wanna lose. They seem to be sticking though.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• www.sparkpeople.com helped me last time I lost weight
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 5:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I've been watching my weight and not eating a lot of junk and I do strength training exercises (push-ups, sit ups squats) but no cardio. I don't have a lot fo time with a 13 week old and I'm exhausted by the time she goes to sleep. I've lost all but 4 lbs. I think bf'ing helped. But I also worry about not getting enough sleep, as I've heard that's bad for the metabolism, but what can we do? My kid gets up all the time at night.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009