Can i feed my 15 month old sushi

i have hard all different things on this an since my bf and i eat it alot we wanted to no before we did it if it is ok to do and see what other people say

newmommy306

Asked by newmommy306 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, not true sushi. California rolls are fine since it's not real raw fish, or any sushi with cooked fish is fine.
    Anonymous

• If it's not cooked, I wouldn't do it. You can get a certain type of hepatitis...although it is very rare to get it, it is still possible. I love sushi but I would not let my son eat it at that age. That's just how I feel though. maybe ask your doc.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I agree with the previous posters. Start with the items with cooked fish. Check with your doctor on when you can give raw fish. (Admittedly, I'll bet the Japanese feed the kids raw fish....)
    Anonymous

• Also, be aware that some sushi involves shellfish and your LO could have an allergic reaction to it. My SIL recently had a reaction to shrimp- she is 41 and has never had an allergic reaction before... it almost killed her.
    They should clean their knives and equipment in between rolls, but not all do so.
    Darn... now you have me craving sushi!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 1:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Ask the child's doctor. I'd be afraid of allergies or unpleasant stuff in the food.

Answer by Bmat at 2:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2009