How old is to old to take a shower with your kid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• my baby wasnt allowed to after 2
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i still shower with my son and he's 2 1/2, he usually sits and plays until its his turn to get clean!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My older son was 5 before I stopped showering with him. He never asked any questions or said anything. My younger son is now 3 and a half and I am done showering with him. He asks too many question and grabs at me. My baby is 4 months old and we will be showering together for a while.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 2:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• When they are old enough to notice the difference, I think 3 for a child of the opposite sex, or 4 at the latest for one of the same sex as the parent bathing them.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Whenever you feel uncomfortable. DH and I both shower with our 4 year old boy and 2 year old girl. They also take baths together. It is a very personal decision. It does not feel uncomfortable to anyone in our family yet, but we are fairly open with our nudity around our house and don't make a big deal about it.
    Anonymous

• LOL, my SO showered with his dad and brother until they were tall enough and old enough to realize dad's penis was at their forehead..at that point it was not longer fun, cool, or cute!!! I love that story when he tells it...I showered with my mom for awhile, when we lived with my grandma, she helped me wash my hair and my grandma quit fussin about her water bill..i think i was about 7...
    Anonymous