spiritual or medical condition

i have had this since i was a little girl. it happened more frequently then but since i have been trying to meditate more and get more in touch with my soul again...it started happening again. some ppl call this astral projection..out of body...deep meditation etc etc. others call it medical issues. when i am meditating or if lay down and i am super relaxed and focused on my breathing i start to feel tingly..my body eventually starts to feel really heavy, then it will go paralyzed..yea..i cant move my body unless i will myself to break this and out of fear i usually do. if i dont break it (only a few times in my life have i not decided to break it and went with the flow) my body feels really pressurized, like im being sat on...and the tingling gets more and more while i ant move, then i either feel like im falling...or floating..one nof the two, follwing this i feel a HARSH piercing wind on my body..it feels so real and feels

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• CONTINUED. and feels like the wind is going to cut me...right before it reaches painful it stops and i hear leaves......its calming...its peaceful....its something so surreal. the wind is light and just like a spring day in a field....thats wha tit feels like. sitting in a field of wheat with leaves whirling and light wind.....at this point i feel a wanting to open my eyes but well...this is honestly pretty scary an di usually at this point will myself to come back and i feel like i "fall back" really fast and i just snap out of it. i ahve never gone farther than that..although i know i could...ive just been fearful.

so what do you think this is
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i have been told im astralling and since i used to do this as a child A LOT ive been told im just natural at doing this. ive been told its my guardian angel trying to talk to me and get me to a place where we can communicate..ive been told i was being possessed...ive been told it must be a weird medical condition.....

to me.....99 percent i believe its spiritual. but hard to explain
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• its spiritual..... and what your describing its not from God... if there is fear attached .. definitely not from God. God does allow our spirit to travel but there would be no fear in doing so. It takes discernment. Satan will twist what is good to something not good but he will also masquerade the good to good as well. That's all I will say about it.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It sounds like a form of self-hypnosis to me. Maybe you could ask someone who knows more about it, or get a book on how to control what you are experiencing. Make it work FOR you instead of being just a uncontrolled, fearful journey. Some people can use this in a very helpful manner, some choose to not "go there" anymore. Either way you choose, YOU will be in control.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• oops I mean the bad to good ( son was talking right then )
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• the thing that makes me fearful..is well..when your paralyzed its kinda freaky haha. its never had any bad issues or anything that scared the crap out of me..just that feelinf is scary. now growing up this always happened without me doing it......tonight i willed it to happen and foxued on it so i am glad that it happened out fo my own self wanting and not an uncontrollable urge
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• it's mental.. not medical.. your willing your body to do something and it's reacting.. since you can break yourself from this.. you have some control..

the best thing to do... is remember you are the one in control..

try a yoga style meditation.. it may help your mind so it doesn't lock up on you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• in some buddhist practices they state when meditating it is a state of letting go of the material and the physical and facing your true self.....

one site said it was aliens lol.

majority of what i find onilne states its a state of mind that if you follow thru with it , youe xperience astral/out of body....or you can leave it at that state and never take it any further. ultimately its not a forced thing, you have to want it to take it to the next level.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It certainly sounds like astral travel. Many people learn to do it, like the buddhists and hindus, and some very spiritually psychic people can do it naturally, and learn to do it on command. That sounds like what you are doing with your meditation. Do you remember the events of the journey yet? It always occured to me naturally and I never remembered where my soul wandered off to. I didn't like it and enlisted the help of my spirit guide to put a stop to the "trips". Dont' mind Shaneagle's "Chicken Little" act. It is neither good nor evil unless YOU make it so.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2009