Obamacare : Are you listening?

Obama talked up his reasonings for his Healthcare reform package whatever it may be for an hour today. He has given Congress the directive to fix healthcare and the major plan is coming from Kennedy. This is a preliminary of what his bill holds for Americans.
http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2009/06/08/kennedys-health-bill-a-first-look/

This says he has no thought on how the plan will be paid for but I did hear on the Sunday shows that they are proposing $800,000 in Medicare and Medicaid reductions to help pay for it.
Are you keeping up with this very important issue?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes.
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 1:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• how can you fix something if you do not know how to fix it??
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Barry's answer is to throw a ton of money at it even when we are flat broke...because it makes so much sense lol.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'm trying to keep up, but I'm really afraid that we are screwed no matter what.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 1:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I read about it on this article http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_health_care  He is cutting Medicare/Medicaid so it doesn't cover life saving tests like MRI's and CT's.  I am more worried for the elderly than anyone else..

Taken from the article: The Access to Medical Imaging Coalition, a trade group, disagreed. It said the president's plan would "impair access to diagnostic imaging services and result in patients' delaying or forgoing life- and cost-savings imaging procedures." The group said Obama's efficiency estimates were based on a flawed survey.

aimige

Answer by aimige at 2:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I watched Face the Nation yesterday, and Obama is talking of taxing medical benefits (something he criticized McCain for endorsing), and cutting funds to hospitals by up to 75%.  Imagine what that would do to small, rural hospitals!

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• God help us all I can invision is a clusterhell around the bend.Obama doesn't care about small rural hospitals or much else.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• how about making people responsible for their own health? we have a lot of people sick in this nation because of their lifestyle like not exercising, not eating right, smoking, drinking ect. I don't know about you but why does tax dollars have to go to something that could and can be prevented? Kinda like taking responsibility for your finances too (the housing market for example.) I am not saying everything can be prevented by diet and exercise but it plays a big/huge part.

Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• taking care of your own health care is fine for us younger adults that can work to provide for our famiies.. if you choose not to work that its your fault you don't have proper health care... Its the Elderly that needs the Medicare/Medicaid...
    aimige

Answer by aimige at 2:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Cutting Medicare funding and certain screening tests for seniors is a surefire way to guarantee BO will be a "one term wonder!" LOL He's forgetting the group of people who have nothing but free time on their hands and DO vote in EVERY election and attend EVERY public meeting!

The backlash Bush received for wanting to privatize social security was NOTHING compared to what'll happen to BO if seniors are limited in their health care!

Keep it up BO, you're doing a "fabulous" job! (sarcasm) LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2009