Birth Annoucement for Newspaper

Help!! I am wanting to put my son's birth annoucement in the newspaper. But I am unsure what I put.. Could you help me?? I tried to find a template online but was unable to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• usually the hospital will post it for you . ask them .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• You just put baby's name, dob, height, weight, parents names, hospital s/he was born at, time of birth, or any of this info that you feel like giving out.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 1:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• depends where you live. if its a big paper then jsut the parents and the day, and the hospital does it for you. otherwise if its a small town local paper. then a lot of people say. the parents sos and so and so and so are proud to announce the birth of " " or the arrival of" " somthine cute like that ..then if you want the weight length and grand parents. or if there is a sibling. you can so " " is proud to announce the birth of his new lil bro/sis " " weighing 0lbs 0oz. . usually if its a small town they can help you too! good luck and congrats!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It's really not a wise thing to do. You should never publicly announce a birth.

Anonymous

• I will qualify the ANON answer. In this day and age it is unwise to give specifics in a public birth announcment. Send the private onse only to close famiy and friends. For the paper.. The new parents of...or So and So want to announce their newest greancjhild...then simply put for example: MR and Mrs Jones proudly announce a new addition of Carrie Ann to their family. Mom and baby are doing well.
    Never give out dates, weights or the hospital they were born at...it makes it too easy for identity theft creeps to use the info.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i have heard that baby snatchers look for announcements. thats what the hospital told me so i didn't do a birth announcement at all. u could just go to a photo place and have them do a type of birth announcement with a photo that u can send out to family
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 16, 2009