Im not having a period all of a sudden but im not sexually active...whats wrong??

IM 23 years old and ive missed my period almost 2 times now....but i havnt had any sexual intercorse....???

2momsandsuave

Asked by 2momsandsuave at 1:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Health

• Are you eating ok? Are you breast feeding? I'd call the doctor.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• u can miss a period because of stress or weight loss. if you dont think its that then i would call the dr
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• do you have abdominal pain when you should have a cycle? i have no period but have cramping when Ishould...but I have cysts and tumours that have messed with the cycle so there's no 'period'

weight loss
    stress...

there are lots of other factors.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I had no period for a year before I ever even saw a penis and turned out I had a tumor on the gland in the middle of your brain that controls your hormones, call your doc. Hopefully its nothing like my story.
    Anonymous

• no not breast feeding my son is 3. and im a lesbian....i just dont get what could stop the period....
    2momsandsuave

Answer by 2momsandsuave at 1:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Could be stress. Weight gain or weight loss could also affect it. Cysts, tumors, there's a ton of different possibilities. When I saw my dr for the same thing, she told me that it is actually ok to not have a period for 3 months in a row, but if you hit 4 months, you shoudl see a dr to make sure there is nothing wrong. So, I would say if you are really concerned, see your dr now. Or wait another couple of months and see if you get one.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009